Kier Group plc is looking to recruit a Performance Analyst to be based in our newly created Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) in central Manchester. Supporting the FSSC Service Performance Manager, the successful candidate will be focused on FSSC service performance review, business analysis & insight, reporting, performance improvement activities and strategic business planning/forecasting activities for FSSC. To succeed, the individual must be able to provide timely and effective support and challenge, as well as maintaining responsibility for service management, in line with the customer relationship management framework.
- Support the FSSC Service Performance Manager through provision of analytics that proactively challenge both internal FSSC departments and external business customers, on FSSC service delivery performance, to drive improvements on service and quality.
- Execution of management reporting to ensure the right MI being used in decision making by the FSSC management, internal customers and business units.
- Work with Continuous Improvement leads to identify and implement initiatives/opportunities (e.g. cost reduction).
- Support the standard business performance management framework and ongoing development to align with business needs, through provision of analysis and insight that FSSC Service Performance Manager will be able to use for strategic planning activities.
- Work with the FSSC Service Performance Manager to identify key risks and opportunities which will inform plans, forecasts and management reporting.
- Support strategy and business planning workshops.
- Provide a broad range of detailed and insightful FSSC service analysis in order to facilitate decision making and identify potential improvement opportunities, including:
- Gap analysis and forward action plans.
- Gaps to stretch plan / task.
- Activity / field risks and opportunities
- Provide FSSC insight and narrative for standard service management reports.
- Co-ordinate scheduled and ad hoc materials for service management reviews and other meetings for all actual and planning related activities.
- Deliver consolidated management reports for review.
- Perform variance analysis using numerical/graphical/narrative perspectives.
- Monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
- Monitor effectiveness of controls.
- Provide analysis to support project work, and performance improvement initiatives, cost saving initiatives, risk reduction initiatives.
- Fully or part qualified accountant (by experience accepted) with 2+years’ experience in a business analyst / finance manager / management accountant business-interfacing role with experience of solving business issues of similar scale and complexity.
- Interpreting and assimilating multiple data sources.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Effectively communicating service performance details to operational colleagues to embed operational understanding within FSSC.
- Support strategy delivery by translating this into actionable programmes, opportunities or activities that result in improved profitability or risk mitigation.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects/processes simultaneously.
- Understands shared services / has worked in shared service operation.
- Operationally and commercially focused.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel).
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Degree-level education or equivalent
- Knowledge of Kier equivalent systems, processes and workflow technology.
- Strong knowledge of ERP software
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 21,500 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer