Senior Risk Analyst - Insurance
A market leading general insurer are currently seeking a Senior Risk Analyst to work with the Head of Risk to develop and embed an effective risk management framework which allows for the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of risk and measures the management of those exposures to a level consistent with risk appetite.
The remit of the role will include:
- To develop and implement a risk management strategy to support achievement of corporate objectives, strategy and business plan.
- Assist in undertaking and documentation of the results for the identification and assessment of operational risk in the risk register and / or risk management system.
- Identify and recommend useful risk and control indicators.
- Coordinate and collate information from the business functions to ensure the timely reporting of risk MI including KRIs and KCIs to the EMC, Risk Management Committee and other governance groups as appropriate.
- Analyse and provide challenge to the business where discrepancies are identified with data provided for MI reporting purposes.
- Assist with the set up of the risk management platform with respect to Operational, Market and Liquidity Risk and ensure pertinent risk and control information is complete, accurate and current.
- Alongside the Risk Manager develop and develop ORSA content for Operational, Market and Liquidity Risk as required.
- Working with the business, develop, assess and document scenarios for Operational Risk.
- Undertake thorough investigation of risk events and emerging risks
The ideal candidate will have gained a good grounding in risk or controls and assurance. Applicants from an audit background who are looking to develop a career in risk management are welcomed. Financial services or insurance sector experience is advantageous.
Please apply with your CV.