To act as a Financial Business Partner for a Business Function.
Key business partner to commercial business heads providing information and support for financial and business deliverables. Finance contact for relevant, equivalent Corporate Controlling function. Lead finance person for relevant areas planning and forecasting cycles. May manage one or two direct reports.
Responsible for finance deliverables whilst ensuring sufficient business support. Be a provider of finance knowledge to non-finance colleagues. Represent the finance function in business discussions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the delivery of the quantitative part of Business Reviews and Strategic Planning process by partnering with the business function to develop financial plans that meet targets.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into financial reporting systems for all corporate reporting requirements.
- Review forecasts produced by the business function and challenge key assumptions.
- Identify issues and trends that may prevent the business function achieving its financial targets and provide financial information and potential solutions to Business & Financial Management.
- Advise business function and financial management concerning financial implications of specific projects. This can include commercial, accounting standards and fiscal perspectives.
- Ensure financial reporting and advice is compliant with financial processes and internal and external accounting guidelines and SOPs.
- Actively participate in or lead project teams to deliver changes and deliver business objectives.
- Active member of the Finance team to share knowledge and best practice to ensure adequate cover and increase knowledge within the team.
- Follow all company procedures and processes with respect to Finance. Work within German and UK Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP).
- Functional Area specific experience in a commercially driven, customer facing role.
- Accounting systems knowledge and experience e.g. SAP, intermediate or advanced MS Office applications experience
- UK & German GAAP knowledge
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75081158