This stable, family owned business is a specialised engineering business developing products for a niche market. The business is growing steadily towards £6/7m t/o and they would like to appoint their first Finance Manager / Company Accountant to help take the finance function forward. The role reports directly to the MD and would involve managing a small accounts / admin team. Duties will include:
- Managing cash-flow and all transactional activity
- Supervising the invoicing process and supplier payments
- Managing banking and financing payments
- Preparation of year end accounts, VAT and HMRC liaison
- Preparation of management accounts
- Developing and improving internal reports and KPI’s
- Improving product costing and pricing
- Overseeing payroll and expenses
They would like to recruit someone who can review the current processes and contribute new ideas, identifying and implementing improvements to enable the finance department to add value and be more efficient. This will involve looking back over historical data to build an accurate picture from which they can move forward, asking questions and challenging the status quo. You will have the full support of the board but a persistent manner and good communication skills will be essential.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience of managing a finance department in an SME, ideally qualified although strong QBE candidates would also be considered. The business is based North of Bolton so very accessible from all main Lancashire travel routes.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75071834