To be responsible for key aspects of Financial Accounting and manage the Accounts Receivable area (and Accounts Payable where applicable). To act as a Financial and Accounts Receivables Business Partner for Business Functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completion of Financial Accounting processes regarding (but not limited to) Stock, Sales Rebates, Balance Sheet, payroll Reviews, General Ledger analysis, Fixed Assets, Capital Expenditure and Company Benefit Rate within specific timescales.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable area to ensure that: bad debt is minimised; DSO targets are achieved; queries are dealt with in a timely fashion, systems data is accurate and timely (prices and customer master data).
- Acts as a Key user and contact for Financial Accounting. Advise Financial and Functional Management concerning financial implications of specific projects; this could include commercial, accounting standards impacts, fiscal and legal perspectives.
- Monthly and quarterly review of financial statements.
- Identify issues and trends on an ongoing basis that may prevent the Business achieving its financial targets. Provide financial information and potential solutions to Business & Financial Management.
- Active member of the Finance team to share knowledge and best practice as appropriate to ensure adequate cover and increase knowledge within the team.
- Lead, manage and develop team member performance and motivation by providing coaching, training, regular feedback and supporting development.
- Key contact & lead for the communication and the internal coordination of Year End process.
- UK, German and IAS GAAP knowledge
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable (where applicable) experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant technical skills e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA and post-qualification experience.
- Experience in commercially driven, customer facing role.
- Accounting systems experience, SAP, intermediate or advanced MS Office applications experience.
- Some experience of supervising other Finance staff.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Would consider themselves a 'self-starter'.
- Excellent communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75081025