Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking for an ambitious Finance Manager to join an established and fast growing international business, with offices based in Worthing. Reporting to the General Manager this sole role requires an enthusiastic individual to take responsibility for the monthly management reporting and analysis and all the day to day accounting and finance duties.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and post journals for reporting monthly management accounts, provide detailed variance analysis against budget and prior year
- Bank Reconciliations- Reconciles the bank statements to the general ledger, ensuring all items are appropriately recorded to the general ledger.
- Credit Control and Collections- Handle the collection of balances due from customers. Reporting all issues to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- Accounts Payable- Prepare all payments for supplier balances in accordance with terms, and ensure amounts are appropriately reflected in the general ledger.
- Inventory- Ensures all inventory balances, including WIP, are appropriately recorded in the general ledger.
- Tax Reporting -Handles all reporting, payments and reconciliations of VAT. Ensure all Tax payments are made for Ram Pumps in a timely manner.
- Payroll- Ensures employees are appropriately paid for payroll. Ensure withholding taxes are appropriately reported and paid in accordance with government requirements.
- Fixed Assets- Maintains subsidiary ledgers of assets acquired. Ensures appropriate depreciation is recorded to the general ledger each month.
- Nominal Ledger/General ledger reconciliations- Ensures all balance sheet general ledger accounts are reconciled each month to ensure that only appropriate items have been posted to the general ledger account.
- Journal Entries- Prepares journal entries as required to accurately post transactions to the general ledger.
- Report Generation- provides accurate reports each month for balance sheet, profit and loss statement, trial balance, generated by the company data base system, along with supporting documentation. Other reports as requested.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant and possess substantial experience and technical competency in financial accounting, under UK GAAP. You will ideally have worked within a similar ‘hands on’ accounting role with strong analytical skills, together with previous experience of managing the day to day responsibilities of an accounts function. A driven and “can do” attitude is essential together with excellent communication and IT skills. The role will ideally suit somebody either looking for their first move out of practice or alternatively someone already in industry, looking for a step up into a more managerial position. The successful person will possess the drive, ambition and desire to succeed, including the ability to develop and manage a finance team as the company continues its current rapid growth rate. Good working knowledge of manufacturing sector will also prove advantageous.
In return for your knowledge and experience you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75070955