Accounts / Finance Assistant
Do you have experience as an Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger and Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger administrator?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Rochdale within a rapidly amplifying company who specialise in providing professional interpreting and translation services across the UK, covering both public and private sectors. They are seeking a dynamic individual to cover both purchase ledger and sales ledger duties to provide support to the Finance Department where you will be responsible for:
• Posting a high volume of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices
• Checking and verifying invoiced amounts against purchase orders raised
• Ensuring the invoices are correctly authorised
• Processing weekly pay runs
• Issuing remittance advices to suppliers
• Liaising with suppliers and members of relevant departments to ensure invoice queries are resolved quickly and efficiently.
Responsibilities as Accounts / Finance Assistant
• Processing invoices matching to purchase orders
• Setting up new customers on financial systems
• Resolving both internal and external purchase ledger queries
• Chase outstanding payments on a weekly basis
• Processing job sheets ensuring accuracy
Key Competency Requirements
• Ability to multitask
• Confident with Excel
• Training and Development
• Listening and responding to questions effectively
• Commitment to Excellence
• Strategic Management
• Speaking and Listening Skills
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Organisation
Attributes and Experience
To be successful for the role of Accounts / Finance Assistant you will need:
• An analytical logical approach to resolve various complex queries.
• Experience within finance, banking or business sectors.
• The ability to implement processes and procedures within an expanding environment.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to develop skills and knowledge and strive further to ensure optimum results.
• Experience working within a finance/accounting office.
• Experienced in using financial software systems.
• Excellent computer skills using all Microsoft Applications
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who aspires to develop their career and grow within the company. Our client is looking for a well organised, personable and confident individual who will be expected to have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a positive manner with the team and other colleagues. The individual is required to be able to work well under pressure, in order to attain the best results possible.
For the position of Accounts / Finance Assistant there is a salary on offer of £19,000 to £22,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience. You will also receive:
• Pension Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme Available such as Childcare vouchers, pension contributions, Cycle to work schemes, Company cars
• Work-related training
• Generous Rewards and Recognition
• Access to over 30 E Learning CPD Certified Courses
• Access to free training and development
• 28 days annual leave (Including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible Shift Times
• Quick Internal Progression
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accounts, purchase ledger, sales ledger, finance,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75071388