We are the UK's largest same day distribution Network, have a new opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our team based at our offices in Redhill, Surrey.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious Assistant Accountant to join a growing company with plenty of opportunity for development and progression. We are looking for individuals who are AAT qualified or have existing experience in an Assistant Accountant role, and who would like to continue their study with CitySprint in either a CIMA or ACCA capacity.
Our people are our greatest asset, and ensuring you reach your full potential helps us to reach ours. Therefore full study support and individual development is provided with this position.
You can look forward to a supportive and fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
Our finance team works across all areas of finance and each individual colleague benefits from exposure to a range of finance activities, cross functional working and a really close-knit team to guarantee their success.
Some of the main responsibilities within this role are:
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly accounts, working to strict deadlines.
- Undertake accurate financial reporting, analysis and interpretation in line with the business needs.
- Prepare and post specific journals.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Drivers pay & analysis on a weekly basis.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Report daily cash to the Sales Ledger team, update monthly cash spreadsheets and reconcile credit card charges.
- Assist the Financial Controller/ Finance team with any required ad-hoc reporting.
- Creation of spreadsheets including cost and variance analysis.
Finance Assistant | Assistant Accountant | Financial Controller | AAT |
Additional Salary Info:
Medicash, Pension, Ride to work, Childcare vouchers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Effective reconciliation and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in excel
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Comfortable adapting to change, meeting the changing demands of the work environment, responds well to any delays or other unexpected demands.
- Reliable and autonomous approach
- Be an ambassador for our core values of reliability, accountability, empathy, and flair.
- Excellent punctuality and considerate approach.
- Works well as part of a team, is objective and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, gives as well as welcomes feedback.
If this sounds like the perfect next step for your career, we'd love to hear from you!
- Comfortable & credible when communicating with senior level management
We are the UK's largest same day distribution network. We work with a wide variety of clients from all sectors, delivering all types of critical consignments including original ideas, valuable data, award winning designs, life saving organs, critical machinery, wonderful presents, and everything else in between. We offer a comprehensive range of courier and logistics services, available 24/7. Our UK network, of 40 wholly-owned service centres and 3000-plus couriers, handles over 10 million critical deliveries a year. We operate in all major UK conurbations, connecting all types of businesses across Britain so we have local knowledge and customer service, backed by a national presence. Benefits of working for us include 22 days holiday (rising incrementally to 25 days after five years' service), childcare vouchers, and the Ride2Work scheme. Subject to a qualifying period, employees are also eligible for season ticket loans and a medical cash plan. We place high value on the training, and make every effort to support our employee's personal development.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75074666