- Assistant Accountant
- Progressive role within a fast paced dynamic environment
My client is a leading retail business with multiple sites nationwide and also with a large global presence. They are looking to expand in the team due to a period of massive growth and expansion and are offering fast-track progression along with this.
- Support in the production of monthly management accounts which are consistent with the accounting and financial policies and procedures of the company
- Submit monthly manufacturer composite to the agreed guideline & timetable.
- Debt control. Managing unallocated cash daily and ensuring no overdue or aged debts (retail or finance).
- Ensure all purchase invoices are authorised in a timely manner.
- Ensure all company financial controls are adhered to and any discrepancies reported to Line Manager.
- Provide data to ensure corrective action is taken to minimise the risk to the business. Assist with ad hoc reports as required to complete month end accounts and any other statutory reporting requirements.
Support in the preparation & review of annual budgets.
- Support statutory reporting to include VAT.
- Produce ad hoc management information as required to support management decision making.
- Explore, suggest and where agreed, implement efficiency's in processing, work flow and administration
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability through analysis of business performance.
The ideal candidate will be looking to join an exciting business with numerous opportunities available. You will have a strong accounts background in purchase and sales ledger, balance sheet experience with basic VAT knowledge.
You will be studying towards your accountancy qualifications CIMA/ACCA or be AAT Qualified or QBE.
- Exciting fast paced business
- Luxury offices
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- Full study package for CIMA/ACCA
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75070998