Temporary Accounts Assistant - Suit AAT Studier/Qualified
A growing business based in Warrington is looking for some temporary support in their Finance Department. You will be joining a multi-award winning services business who have grown further by acquisition and work with some of the country's leading blue chip businesses.
As Accounts Assistant; you will be responsible for:
- Purchase Ledger - ensure supplier invoices are authorised, post invoices accurately - volume approx. 100 per month, process payment runs by BACS payments (sent every 2 weeks)
- Bank Reconciliation - reconcile bank statements for 2 entities including GPB, EUR and USD currencies, clearing accounts of queries and check all allocations are accurate and correct
- Personal Expenses - receive entries from credit card holders, check submissions/receipts are all attached and that VAT elements are correct, prepare payment report and ensure all key deadlines are met and queries are chased up and resolved
- Company Credit Card - download reports/statements from the portal and send all statements to staff for review, chase outstanding submissions from staff and code accurately for month-end
Skills & Experience Required:
- Immediately available
- Strong Excel skills - vlookups and possibly more or used in higher volume
- Experienced Accounts Assistant - competent with PL/Bank Rec/Expenses and able to hit the ground running
- SAP - ideally
- AAT - ideally either studying or qualified or equivalent
As the temporary Accounts Assistant, you will report directly to the Head of Finance who is known to be friendly, pragmatic and always looks for better processes, procedures and efficiency's. You will work in a very positive culture in a bright, modern environment. You will be encouraged to use your initiative, think on your feet and suggestions of improvements are welcome from everybody across the business meaning your voice will be heard.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75071995