Kier Group plc is looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join our newly created Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) in central Manchester. Reporting to our Head of Record to Report, the successful candidate will manage the operations and activities of the Record to Report Accounting Team on a day-to-day basis. The Finance Manager supervises employees, monitors activities, and satisfies internal reporting requirements. Additionally, the Finance Manager will be key in developing their team members and providing guidance regarding the accurate and timely execution of tasks and delivery of information.Key Responsibilities
- Effectively lead a team of 2-4 Accountants and 3-5 Assistant Accountants across 3-4 Business Units within the business in a highly technical, operational accounting environment.
- Manage the supply of General Accounting support services to meet daily, weekly monthly and annual demand.
- Oversee the period end close and reporting process supporting the General Accounting team with expert knowledge of financial and management accounting in addition to a high level of judgement.
- Responsible for the quality of all General Accounting functions and the integrity of all accounting data and reports.
- Maintain an ongoing daily dialogue with the Head of Record to Report and Business Unit Leads, for example in highlighting material impacts to performance, and review of reporting.
- Oversee the timely review of P&L and BS control account reconciliations supporting the RTR Accounting team with high level commentary prior to review by the Head of Record to Report.
- Oversee the timely completion of management reports (e.g. Flash reports, KPI, etc.) using strong knowledge of the business and judgement to support the Accounting team with high level commentary prior to review by the Head of Record to Report.
- Oversee the completion of the statutory accounts using expert technical knowledge and a high degree of judgement, to the support the Accounting team with minimal guidance.
- Provide a final review of the statutory accounts ahead of approval by the Head of Record to Report and FSSC Director.
- Oversee the timely completion of the budgets and forecasts and support Head of Record to Report and Business Unit Leads during the process.
- Provide accounting support for specific project related activities such as preparation of acquisition completion accounts, chart of account changes, requesting updates to reports as a result of new cost centres.
- Work with the Head of Record to Report and FSSC Service Management and Operations team to identify and implement initiatives and opportunities e.g. process improvements.
- Adhere to Group and BU specific policies and procedures.
- Support External and Internal Audit activities as required, such as providing information as requested in a timely manner.
- Maintain an effective control environment and respond to breaches/weaknesses appropriately in conjunction with Internal Audit.
- Ensure accurate recording of transactions for tax purposes.
Strong background in management of a General Accounting environment and experience of delivering a continuous improvement agenda.
Fully qualified accountant with 5+ years Post Qualified Experience in an operational finance role with exposure to issues of similar complexity.
Able to develop, motivate and lead a diverse team.
Excellent knowledge of current regulations including IFRS / UK GAAP, Companies Acts etc.
Strong knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures.
Adaptive to changing objectives and priorities to deliver results.
Focused on creating value for the Business Units and Group Finance.
Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel).
Strong verbal and written communication skills with presentation experience.
Knowledge of Kier equivalent systems, processes, workflow technology useful but not essential.
In depth knowledge of ERP software (Oracle / SAP in particular).
Collaborative, able to work with/through others as part of a team and to mentor colleagues.
Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better.
Experienced process analysis skills with ability to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions.
Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary.
Committed team player who is able to manage upwards and downwards.
Trustworthy and self-motivated.
Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures.
Comply with all Company Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
Maintain confidentiality and observes data protection guidelines.
Carry out any other reasonable duties commensurate with their capability.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 21,500 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country. Kier is an equality and diversity employer