We're the number one car finance website in the UK for a reason. It's because we pride ourselves on being the best. We work hard, we're constantly developing - our people, our processes and our technology and we all share the same goal, to consistently deliver a seamless, easy and enjoyable experience to our customers.
Our business is driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, which is encouraged throughout every department. We keep this culture by only hiring brilliant people who are driven, ambitious and challenge the norm. We're good at what we do, but there is always room to improve.
Investing in our people is a priority, so much so we've invested in our very own Academy. That way you're always developing, learning new things and creating new opportunities.
So if you're excited about a new challenge, want to work in a fast paced environment, with a team of like-minded people, you're in the right place. Get in touch.
Job Role -
This role will involve monitoring the business and maintaining compliance across the business with legislative and regulatory requirements and identifying risks and issues and providing appropriate recommendations and promoting compliance across the business.
Key Responsibilities -
- Assisting and drive completion of the Compliance Monitoring plan;
- Assist in developing and implementing an effective compliance culture throughout the Company;
- Support and lead regular reviews of the business units, key business processes and the activities of the Company to ensure continued adherence to and effective implementation of policies, procedures and regulations;
- Carry out monitoring (including field based reviews as appropriate) and continue to meet, FCA expectations and obligations
- Liaise with other members of the Compliance team to ensure consistency and effective dissemination of best practice across the Company;
- Ensure prompt escalation of significant compliance issues to the Compliance & Risk Manager;
- Contribute to the development of regulatory procedures by identifying areas of weakness and making suggestions for improvement;
- Produce accurate monitoring reports and ensure any issues identified from monitoring activities are addressed in a timely manner. This includes maintaining appropriate records of all monitoring activity;
- Support the maintenance and updates to the Monitoring Plan and reporting against objectives and SLA's;
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge to ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained;
- Be familiar with the business and current regulatory and compliance initiatives in a way that is likely to meet the Financial Conduct Authority compliance requirements
- Carry out ad-hoc duties.
Key skills and Experience -
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues
- Can identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required
- Strong working knowledge of the bespoke FCA rules applicable to consumer credit
- Understanding of FCA rules within, SYSC, DISP, ICOB, CONC. Data Protection
Hours - 40 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary - £25,000 - £30,000
What you'll get -
- 1 day per month for research & development, all we ask is that you share your learnings with the team
- Company funded healthcare plan
- Pension Scheme & Death in Service
- Family friendly benefits including Childcare vouchers
- Company reward scheme including: length of service awards, peer to peer recognition, suggestion scheme and employee of the month & year awards
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Refer a friend reward scheme
- Company social events including: summer parties, team nights out & much more
- Make a difference day - 1 paid day off work to volunteer at a charity of your choice
We are re-locating to Universal Square in the coming months - approx.. 10 mins walk from Piccadilly Station. This will mean all our operations are under one roof in our newly refurbished office space which has enabled us to add even more benefits to our package:
- Free on site gym (newly refurbished with brand new equipment)
- Communal Gardens
- On site restaurant
- Subsidised car parking
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75064243