Finance Business Partner, FPA
The Finance Business Partner will use core accounting knowledge to partner effectively with the Finance and Non-Finance colleagues. They will couple strong analytical skills with the ability to overview the detail.
The company is a forward thinking, PE backed and is constantly offering challenges to get involved in. With a turnover in excess of £100 million and a group customer base of over 90,000 they have a well-deserved reputation as experts in their field. The company has over 500 staff and 30 within the finance team.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Own the preparation of Group monthly consolidated accounts, including our holding companies; deliver accurate monthly management accounts to the time-lines set out by the business.
- Maintain the management accounts reporting suite, ensuring the design is reflective of the business requirements, is adaptive to future updates/changes and content is consistent with other Group submissions.
- Be a key contributor to the conception, design, delivery and maintenance of KPI reporting, KPI commentary, bridge analysis and variance analysis for inclusion in the Finance Director's monthly Board report.
- Be a key contributor to the conception, design, delivery and maintenance of a suite of cost centre reports that can be used to monitor progress to target with budget heads and Senior Management.
- Build a detailed working knowledge of the cost base of the business. Partner with the budget heads to ensure the accurate recording and allocation of costs within the General Ledger.
- Oversee month end processes as required, to include (but not limited to); accruals, prepayments, BS reconciliations.
- Be a key contributor to the conception, design, delivery and maintenance of forecast, budget and strategic reporting models. Review, improve and maintain existing models.
- Work with the business to get input into key underlying business assumptions / KPIs that can then be used to deliver business forecasts, budgets and strategic reporting as and when required.
- Provide in depth insight on results, trends and future projections.
- Design of new models as required ensuring development is well governed and documented.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial controls and processes. Continually review processes, making recommendations for improvements to ensure that we have effective and efficient workflows in place.
- In addition to the specifics above, you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post and department above.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate well at all levels
- The ability to help and encourages others to learn and develop, and takes a proactive approach to own development in their current job.
- Resilience and be self-motivated and a self-starter who will work well under pressure. Possess necessary gravitas and resilience to challenge and discuss key issues with senior staff.
- A friendly and understanding approach to others, the ability to work appropriately with colleagues at all levels and provide constructive challenge and feedback where necessary.
- The ability to inspire others and earn respect, be hands on and have the desire to sort out issues and meet deadlines.
- The willingness to drive change and promotes positive change in the business.
- The skills to improve team effectiveness by providing a sense of purpose and values, and by involving team members.
- Accounting Qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
- Proficient in the creation and maintenance of complex financial forecasts and / or budget models.
- Implementation of best practice in design (model workflows, link maintenance, scenario analysis, trackers, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to analyse large and complex data sets and understand / interpret key drivers of the business.
- Strong data management and Excel skills- applied use of Excel to advanced level.
A competitive remuneration package and the opportunity for career and personal development
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75052590