Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 OTE £32,000
Our client is recruiting an Assistant Accountant who has supervised staff... ideally any expertise within the Automotive industry would be considered advantageous but is not essential. The purpose of the role will be to ensure smooth and efficient running of the Accounts Office. You will need to ensure that the Company accounting policies and procedures are correctly operated. Establish procedures and maintain staffing levels that ensure that accounting control is
maintained, and the Group’s benchmarks are achieved.
- Ensure customer queries are dealt with completely and promptly and accurately recorded on Kerridge.
- Administer petty cash and expense payment procedures in accordance with Group directives.
- Ensure cash receipts and payments are allocated to invoices daily, accurately and promptly.
- Ensure all payments by cheque, BACS or TT are issued in accordance with Group directives.
- Monitor the appropriate stock control / ordering of departmental stationery requirements.
- Maintain credit control procedures to keep debtor levels to a minimum.
- Ensure the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger are closed each month with all cash posted and outstanding documents kept to a minimum.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are maintained daily with a final bank reconciliation produced at month end.
- Maintain and reconcile all Purchase Ledger accounts including the Manufacturer Accounts.
- Ensure paperwork is accurately filed in a tidy and organised manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your already successful career with a great company that rewards hard work. If you feel this role could be for you then don’t delay, apply today!!
Send your CV to Chris at Mai Day Recruitment Services
Email: chris@maidayrecruit .co.uk
Telephone: 01480 413245
You must be resident in the UK at the time of this advertisement and hold any necessary paperwork. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75047284