Payroll Helpdesk Consultant
- To give our customers a truly great customer care experience.
- To record and maintain all support calls on a daily basis in a timely manner.
- To resolve as many calls as possible at the point of contact.
- To escalate calls to second and third line support as per the agreed service level agreements.
- To identify ‘payroll critical’ situations that require immediate attention.
- To manage the communication with customers regarding the state of their call(s).
- To achieve tight service level agreements.
- To provide support statistics to customers, resellers and the Management Team.
- To identify and carry out actions that improves the customer experience.
- To manage customer expectations.
The position requires a sound interest in the issues relating to payroll and HR, with experience working with a variety of payroll processing software. Technical skills are relevant to the role, and full training will be provided on our product set but more important are good customer service skills.
In addition the position demands a determination to provide a truly great customer experience.
It requires a methodical approach to problem solving, the ability to multi-task and a good customer relationship attitude. The ability to communicate and a good telephone manner is essential It is important the jobholder understands the business needs and requirements of the Company and ensures they carry out their duties in a manner that will have a positive effect on the business operation. Due to the pace of change within the company continuous self-development and formal training are encouraged.
Job Holder specification:
• 1 year experience working within a payroll office
• Strong knowledge of PAYE legislation
• Knowledge of SMP, SSP, SPP, Student loans, pensions, attachment of earnings and deductions
• Experience of UAT on a payroll system, or some level of payroll testing experience
• Strong IT skills (Microsoft Outlook, Office, Excel, explorer) and experience using software packages
• Proven Excellent Communication Skills and Customer service skills
• GCSE Grade c or above in Maths & English
• General Ledger and journal reconciliation
• Hold higher education certifications in Customer Services
• Experience of working within a service desk or contact centre/Help
• Experience of using Web based Call logging systems
• Transferable skills such as Customer training experience, interpersonal, customer service etc.
Business Areas: Payroll
Time & Attendance
This is a full time, permanent position, office based in Tewkesbury. Salary dependant on candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75050689