Assistant European Tax Manager
The Assistant European Tax Manager role is for an initial 12 months contract. This will be reporting into the Head of Tax and Treasury.
The client is a well known global company in the automotive industry. They are based in the heart of the Thames Valley.
- Provision of VAT advice internally, externally and to the Europe business
- Provide analysis for business change projects.
- Preparation, reconciliation, analysis and management of issues arising for all returns and adapt as required to meet changing needs (18 Branches - UK Head Office).
- Review the UK and branch returns and deadlines to ensure compliance and risk management for timely and accurate reporting of all VAT, Intrastat, Sales Listing and other VAT related local and annual returns.
- Identify VAT risks and maximise planning opportunities. Supporting business units in managing these risks and implementing any relevant planning opportunities.
- Manage tax audits to promptly and effectively respond to requests and take necessary mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Create and monitor VAT training needs in business, SSC.
- Keep the business Informed s of all relevant VAT rate and legal changes and ensuring systems updated.
- Identify and act on opportunities to optimise the recovery of input VAT, maximising any cash flow savings opportunities which may exist as well as reacting to case law to interpret impact for Honda and assess any associated risks for compliance.
- Promote the profile of VAT within the Group.
You will need to have good knowledge and experience of UK and European VAT legislation. You will need to have at least 3 years PQE as well as demonstrating examples of developing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be paid between £45k-£49k base salary with additional benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75066649