Junior Accountant - New Milton
Job Title:Junior Accountant
Location:New Milton, Hampshire
Reference: FP 8034 JA
Working hours: Monday – Friday; 9.00am-5.00pm (35 hours per week)
Closing date: 23nd July 2017
Reporting to the Scheme Accounting Team Leader the main purpose of this role is to fully prepare and deliver accurate financial accounts and records within legislative requirements, for our developments and customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver accurate year-end accounts to customers, resolving queries and ensuring a high quality service in a timely fashion
- Deliver to department productivity metrics and contribute to the team culture and delivery
- Liaise effectively with auditors to deliver a smooth audit process and provide the best possible outcome for our customers and our clients
- Pro-actively liaise with managers and auditors on any areas of concern ensuring clear action plans for resolution
- Take full responsibility of your own development and contribute positively and effectively to the team through creative ideas, tested processes or feedback from colleagues/external parties
Who you’ll be working with
- Corporate and Estates Finance teams and Property Managers where applicable - which may include some travel to other offices
- External auditors and suppliers
- Professional organisations for own development
Essential: Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) level with passes in English language and a relevant mathematical / accounting subject
Desirable: Working towards a professional qualification such as AAT
Essential: Double entry book-keeping and the accuracy that accompanies it
Essential: Microsoft Excel in particular at intermediate level, alongside Microsoft Word
FirstPort is one of the largest and most experienced property managers in the UK, employing more than 3,300 people, of which 2,500 work at the developments we manage. We work across the residential property services market and provide a range of services through our diverse range of FirstPort brands. We manage over 3,700 developments, with national scale to set us apart for delivering genuine value-for-money services.
Friendly – We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive – We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful – We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled – We’ve the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We’re informed, and we’re always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy – We’re always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
We also know that great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. Many people rely on us so they can enjoy their homes, safe in the knowledge that we will be there if they need us. Caring about people is at the core of what we stand for as a business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75056261