Finance Manager, Wiltshire
Your new company
An innovative charity based in Wiltshire are looking for an adaptable Finance Manager to join their growing team located in Wiltshire.
Your new role
The Finance & Administration Manager will be responsible for the efficient control of financial resources, administrative systems and back office processes in order to contribute to the effective delivery of objectives. The successful candidate will be a key member of a small but growing team. This is a full time post and may require occasional weekend working for specific planned activities which will be compensated for by time off in lieu.
- Manage the charity's financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts and projections and other relevant reports, in consultation with the Chairman, Honorary Treasurer and CEO.
- Ensure the Charity's compliance with all relevant Charity Commission, Companies House and HMRC requirements.
- Supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with HMRC requirements.
- Deal with the company's bank in respect of payments and receipts.
- To ensure that all bank accounts and credit card statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled.
- Efficiently manage all finance, and to ensure that all the charity's income and expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for.
- Coordinate the preparation of the the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Honorary Company Secretary and Auditors prior to sign-off; submit returns to the Charities Commission and Company's House.
- Ensure the overall smooth running of the charity's internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- Manage, in conjunction with the CEO, staff contracts and HR matters.
- Manage personnel procedures in relation to recruitment, training, holidays and appraisals, ensuring these are properly documented.
- Travel to minute Board meetings and provide on-site IT support and general assistance.
- Manage and direct all general enquiries, and handle them directly when appropriate.
- Assist the CEO with diary and travel arrangements.
- Handle people and information with good humour, discretion, judgement and tact.
- Liaise with stakeholders at every level, including Trustees, volunteers and donors.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will need to be a highly organised individual, with the flexibility to undertake a wide variety of tasks, and have a keen sense of humour.
- Experience of relevant charity accounting
- Understanding of budgets and reporting processes
- Solid experience in database use and management
- Willingness to undertake tasks from the menial to the complex
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience of producing financial through Xero & non-financial reports
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive salary, free on site parking and the chance to work in a flexible, collaborative and unique environment. 25 days + Bank Holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75069260