Our client based in North Nottinghamshire, is a well-established, family-owned company who are market leaders in their sector. They now have a vacancy for an Assistant Accountant, reporting to the Company Accountant.
- Dealing with account applications, credit vetting, monitoring credit limits.
- Processing sales invoices, posting daily bank receipts, chasing overdue debtors.
- Processing credit card payments, resolving payment issues with customers. Processing credit notes.
- Maintaining the Sales ledger – converting prospects, adding new accounts, updating information.
- Producing weekly financial reports and quarterly VAT returns. Preparation and submission of monthly EC sales and Intrastat information.
- Undertaking multi-currency bank reconciliations and weekly bank reconciliations.
- Processing staff expenses.
- Preparing Accrual and Prepayment expense journals; agreeing accruals for installation projects.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register.
- Analysing intercompany charges and producing invoices.
- Assisting with the development and control of the company’s ERP system.
- Undertaking ad hoc analysis reporting as required.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems
- Strong IT skills – Office 365, ERP systems
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Confident approach, calm under pressure
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work on own initiative
Hours of work – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (30-minute lunch)
This is a varied, challenging role in a very busy and ambitious company, which will appeal to candidates who are hardworking, versatile and enjoy working in a friendly environment.
Benefits include – 31 days’ annual leave (Inclusive of stats), Pension, Company profit related annual bonus scheme and free parking.Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75053517