Manager, Control & Events
Manager, Control & Events – National sites
Salary - £36,050 - £46,700
A fantastic opportunity has arisen as a result of a recent organisation change to recruit a manager to lead these companies Customer Operations and Chief Information Office Controls and Events team.
The successful applicant will lead the control testing effort across multiple business areas, working directly for the Head of BUCF for Customer Operations/CIO. The role will have over 10 direct reports and is central to the 1st line business activity.
You will be responsible for working with Senior Stakeholders on the strategic controls implemented across the business. You will identify best practice and use this for the benefit of a significant number of business areas and you will gain a deep understanding of the core of the company, how it works and where it needs improving.
The role requires someone with lots of common sense, great planning skills with a challenging and enquiring mind and superb communication skills.
- A member of the BUCF COO Leadership team, reporting into the Head of BUCF you represent Control Testing and will input in to the BUCF strategy
- Leading a team of 10 Control Testers who are responsible for testing the controls across CIO and Customer Operations, reporting the effectiveness of the controls routinely and engaging with stakeholders to discuss where improvements can be made
- Lead the work to plan, co-ordinate and manage the effective control testing and reporting to meet critical deadlines
- Leading the reporting and management surrounding reportable events in CIO and Customer Operations, working with relevant BUCF and Business teams to co-ordinate efforts to agree, track and close appropriate actions, build in mechanisms to ensure lessons are learnt and event circumstances are not repeated
- Establishing and managing excellent stakeholder relationships with senior leaders
- Previous experience within a Control Framework or Risk environment
- Financial Services background however not essential
- Excellent communication skills and extensive stakeholder management experience
- Operations experience of leading a team
- Able to travel to multiple locations across the country
- Dealt with implementing Company Strategies and performance reviews
- IT minded using various platforms is essential
- Flex Benefits, Pension, Bonus, Generous Holiday
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75066010