Brilliant opportunity for a proactive individual looking to develop their experience and take the next step in their career. This is a varied management accountant role, offering a blend of monthly reporting, budgets and forecasting and financial analysis, as well as opportunity to directly manage a junior member of the team.
My client are a well-established business headquartered in York, who are now looking to bolster their finance function with the recruitment of a Management Accountant reporting into the Head of Finance. Following the challenges of the past 12 months, they are now looking to the future with plenty of exciting projects and plans in the upcoming months.
As Management Accountant, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the planning and delivery of budget processes
- Regular forecasting and relevant analysis
- Leading on period-end reporting process, including management accounts, KPI reporting and Management information
- Maintenance of reporting suite and liaison with key stakeholders to relay relevant information relating to financial performance
- Liaison with key finance and non-finance stakeholders across the business
- Drive forward process improvements, working in line with appropriate accounting policies and standards
- Manage and develop Assistant Accountant, providing ongoing training and support
- Provide financial analysis and support to projects on an ad hoc basis
- Business partnering with wider business enabling sharing of information and best practice
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Management accounting/financial reporting experience
- Financial planning and analysis experience (desirable)
- Commercially focused and confident business partnering with key stakeholders
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to personal development
- People manager - prior experience managing or supporting/mentoring junior members
- Proactive mindset - keen to constantly make improvements and implement developments
- Highly computer literate and sound knowledge of financial systems and procedures
In return, the client is offering a salary c£40-45k plus wider package. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established business and really develop your experience and progress your career.