Foreign Exchange Operations Tokyo, Officer
An individual who is energetic, collaborative, proactive and works well within a team. FX Operations Tokyo works closely with FX Sales Tokyo to support their business. As part of FX Operations Tokyo, your primary responsibilities include timely and accurate execution of FX confirmations, settlement and regulatory reporting.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Foreign Exchange Operations Tokyo, Officer you will
- Train and support junior staff
- Identify and resolve variety of issues
- Understand downstream impacts of actions
- Perform FX Back Office operations including FX Confirmations and settlements
- Assist with client inquiries
- Communicate with other State Street branches and affiliates via e-mail or telephone
- Liaise with offshore teams regarding FX confirmations, CLS monitoring, account opening, trade reconciliations and investigations
- Perform Back Office Money Market confirmations and settlements with external and internal counterparties
- Cash transfer operation using BOJ Net and other payment systems
- Nostro balance monitoring
- Prepare account opening request forms
- Inputting entries for accounting purposes
- SWIFT payment messaging
- Prepare internal, regulatory, customer reports
- Brokerage settlement
- Preparing and sending monthly FX reports to clients
- Escalate issues to ensure appropriate course of action is being taken at all times
- Adhere to operational procedures and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the departments responsibilities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work quickly, prioritize work efficiently and respond in timely manner
- High ethical standards
- English (Intermediary, writing and communication)
- Japanese (Fluent, writing and communication)
- Good team member
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field preferred
- Relevant experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of BOJ Net, SWIFT and FX Confirmations preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.