Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Salary: £20 - 22k, DOE plus benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, covering 8am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday with a day off in the week
This is a varied role providing an efficient, high quality added value and compliant day to day service to Consumers and a portfolio of Motor Traders. The role of the underwriter is to ensure any applications for our loan facilities are all in order.
• To be a central point of contact for any enquiries to both internal and external customers & motor dealers via telephone and e-mail
• Review proposals (loan applications) received from dealers and ensure all data has been captured in line with procedures and service level agreements and with the timely processing of paperwork
• Investigates and assesses client needs and affordability effectively and in line with Underwriting Policy and Procedures
• Carry out full security checks with customers, manual credit searches, and HPI checks of all vehicles
• Reviewing supporting and required documents received from customer`s i.e. bank statements, proofs of address etc.
• Provides and adheres to all Underwriting Procedures in line with Company & Regulatory requirements and within any agreed Service Level Agreements, maintain information security in line with DPA guidelines.
• Ensure all communications are accurately recorded against client records
Knowledge of Consumer Credit and the methods, underlying legal principles, procedures and techniques required to underwrite and administrate would be a distinct advantage.
• Attention to detail and accuracy, organised
• Provide professional, personal service in order to maintain and develop existing and new business relationships
• To conduct business in a manner appropriate with CCA & FCA regulations.
• Maintains own competence and compliant status
• Maintains flexibility in working patterns to support business needs
• Microsoft - Word, Excel, Outlook, bespoke systems
About the company:
Vehicle Credit Limited is a national specialist non-prime car finance, along with sister company Vehicle Stocking Limited who are a stocking finance provider. With over £50m of existing facilities the business has over 5000 hire purchase customers and 150 stocking loan customers.
Part of RateSetter, including Vehicle Credit Ltd and Vehicle Stocking Ltd there are approximately 300 people across the group, with about 80 employees based at the Leicester site.
The culture of the company is very much for people to enjoy their role, as well as supporting staff to work to the best of their ability. There exists a very friendly working environment, with the company slogan "Old fashioned values, modern day thinking".
• Competitive salary
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
You will receive professional training and development as required.
Interested? Please submit your CV, showing why you would be the best candidate for this role!
No agencies please!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75046939