Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity
For our office in Jersey, we are currently looking for a Senior Officer within Private Equity Funds. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customised training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
You will be responsible for the financial information of a portfolio of private equity fund clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking part in the setup of alternative investment funds and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as a part of setting up funds;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Preparation/review of drawdown and distribution calculations and notices, and equalisation calculations;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Coordinate and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Assist in the delegation and review of work for junior member of staff;
- Qualified or nearly-qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA);
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration (Private Equity, Real Estate or Debt Fund Administration) including NAV calculation, Transfer Agent and investor servicing and tax compliance;
- Experience in UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.