Manager, Corporate Tax - Midlands
We are Crowe U.K. LLP - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our office, in the Midlands, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
We have a vacancy for a Corporate Tax Manager to work in our Midlands office Tax team. This is a full time permanent role with opportunities for progression so if you’re an Assistant Manager looking for a step up or a Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge with scope for progression read on….
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross-border special and project based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner-managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience (e.g. managing compliance for large groups, R&D, property taxes/capital allowances, group restructures would be ideal). You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, and audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential.
- Significant Corporate Tax and accounting experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
Your people responsibilities:
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities:
- Leading work on UK and cross-border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners.
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including corporate taxes, VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind. Acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm’s approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how their work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk issues.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 27 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.