Director - Balance Sheet Management, Digibank
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to become the Head of Balance Sheet Management be based in Singapore. You will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and your primary responsibilities will be; to manage, report and steward the balance sheet and the liquidity & capital position. Your aim will be to optimize the return while staying in compliance with all internal and regulatory limits and not endangering any repayment obligations, taking into consideration the cash needs of all business lines and facilitating the management’s strategy. You will also own various Treasury processes and policies. You will work with the technology team to build treasury systems and make any necessary enhancements to address issues systematically.
Get to know the Role:
- Secretary to the ALCO (Asset-Liability Committee) responsible for stewarding ALCO’s decision making
- Enable the bank to maintain a strong capital position sufficient to support its strategic aims and hold an adequate buffer of high-quality liquid assets to survive extreme but plausible liquidity stress scenarios without recourse to extraordinary central bank support
- Monitor the strategic balance sheet, liquidity and capital measures to ensure adherence to approved internal and regulatory limits and risk appetite
- Ensure that responsibilities to manage structural liquidity and capital risks are discharged in line with the bank’s risk management framework and local regulations.
- Provide ALCO with succinct information relating to market developments, liquidity, capital, recovery and resolution planning, interest rate risks, rating agency updates and regulations to guide decision making
- Support ALCO with analytics, financial information & developing solutions that enables business objectives, complies with the policy and local country regulations and addresses strategic issues and pressure points
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of applicable laws, regulations & controls pertaining to liquidity, capital, recovery and resolution planning and ensure appropriate assurance thereof.
- Liaise with the Central Bank, Auditors and other stakeholders within and outside the bank in relation to the activities within areas of control.
- Lead and drive recovery and resolution planning, IRBBB, internal and external stress tests etc
- Ensure robust processes, controls and procedures in line with operational risk framework and mitigate operational risk within liquidity and capital management and reporting processes.
- Ensure robust liquidity and capital forecasts and coordinate review and renewal of limits, policies etc
The must haves:
- At least 15 years of Balance Sheet Management / Treasury experience in the banking industry
- Solid understanding of banking regulations in Singapore
- Deep operational knowledge of Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Capital Management concepts, policies & processes
- Lateral thinker/problem solver in a complex environment
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate a lean team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Superb presentation and communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.