Finance Assistant/Purchase Ledger
RESPONSIBLE TO: Finance Manager
My Client are a world-class provider of heat resistant and corrosion resistant coatings for turbine blades and vanes, used in large civil aircraft. The Company is experiencing significant year on year growth, and is currently investing £20m in a capital investment programme to expand production capacity.
Current headcount is around 420 staff, working 24/7 shifts.
This position is office hours Monday to Friday.
- Match delivery notes to purchase invoices
- Accurate and timely entry of purchase invoices onto the ledger, ensuring that invoices match Purchase Orders and delivery notes and that correct prices have been charged.
- Ensure that all invoices have appropriate authorisation.
- Maintaining complete and accurate purchase ledger files
- Reconcile Purchase Ledger to supplier statements
- Preparation of bacs payment runs
- Raise currency payments to suppliers
- Maintain credit card records, ensuring appropriate back-up and vat information is held.
- Prepare monthly Intrastat report.
- Issue Platinum
- Maintain Platinum waste records
- Reconcile Platinum reclaim records and maintain Metal account records.
- Deal with supplier queries by telephone and e-mail.
Records & Controls
- Maintain complete and accurate Waste Collection records. Liaise with the HS&E Officer to ensure that appropriate records are being kept. Ensure that waste collection invoices are correct.
- PI count checks
- Maintain export/import records.
- Monitor the use of the Company van. Identify and explain unusual or unexplained journeys or mileage.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Excel to VLookup and pivot table standard
- Microsoft Word
- Previous experience of working in Finance preferred. Candidates with limited experience, as well as those with greater experience, will be equally considered.
- Purchase Ledger is run the Company's ERP software, Syteline. Experience of Syteline is not required as full training will be given
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75048978