Senior Financial Accountant
Our client is a niche financial retail business. Operating since 1994, they have become the market leader within their market niche and operate with a very high profile customer portfolio
Due to the Fast Growth of new product areas they are recruiting for an Experienced Financial Accountant to manage a small team and assume responsibility for the integrity of the Balance Sheet.
Reporting into the Finance Manager you will manage a team of three staff and have responsibility for the financial accounting and accounts payable function.
Key Duties Include:
- Deliver an improved interim bank reconciliation process and liaise with the project team to ensure an automated solution is included in the systems build for the systems architecture refresh programme
- Provide a robust link between financial accounts and the settlement team producing clear defined communications to ensure that aged items are dealt with appropriately
- Responsible for wholesale balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and production and onward distribution of the wholesale balance sheet
- Responsible for the maintenance and control of the online expenses tool, including setting up and managing authorisation levels and uploading expense data
- Responsible for all ad-hoc sales invoicing, liaising with product teams to ensure accurate recharges and that the debtor days do not exceed contractual terms
- Completion of additional balance sheet reconciliations accurately and within agreed timescales ensuring any outstanding items are investigated and cleared
- Provide back up support and deputise in absence for the finance manager as necessary, updating procedures, suggesting process improvements and working with the project team to drive a successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics through the systems architecture refresh programme
- Support direct reports where necessary to verify, implement and maintain fit for purpose control processes.
- Audit of payment runs completed by accounts payable to ensure all supplier and employee payments are accurate and complete
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant who is detailed orientated and has a strong experience of working within a high volume data intensive business. They will have the ability to build credible relationships with various internal stakeholders and have clear leadership skills that will lead a team that is well established within the business.
This role offers a good broad exposure to the commercial operations of the business and due to new systems and new projects, has the potential to grow and develop. If you are looking for an opportunity that is interesting and varied within a team and business that is well established, stable and growing, please apply in the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75059707