Accounts Manager / Senior Manager (Accountancy Practice)
Trial Balance Consulting is working with one of the leading firms in the region to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Accounts Manager or Senior Manager to join their business services team.
Your key responsibilities in this role will involve the management of a portfolio of clients engaged in a variety of industries, including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
Specifically, your duties will include:
* Monitoring performance in terms of budgets, time and expenses; reviewing working papers for accuracy and completeness; and delivering quality accounts and tax compliance services with minimal Partner input
* Providing routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
* Resolving accounting and tax problems as they arise
* Ensuring that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm's accepted standards
* Continuing the development of long-term professional relationships by communicating progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client
* Reviewing with the engagement Partner significant findings that raise questions involving tax implications and possible tax planning opportunities
* Overseeing the day-to-day management of a growing business services department, including assigning work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities; briefing staff; monitoring work; reviewing final accounts and tax computations; dealing with training matters and annual appraisals
* Identifying opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients
Applications are welcomed from candidates with the following skills and attributes:
* ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by experience, with significant relevant experience in a similar role
* Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance
* Experience in the mentoring and supervision of junior staff members
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
In exchange my client offers an excellent working environment where professional and personal development is strongly encouraged. Study and CPD support can be offered where appropriate, and the company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for, please apply ASAP addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE3592
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75026295