Senior Product Manager, Mortgages RBWM
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Product Manager - Mortgages.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the mortgage product lines (HSBC, First Direct) hit their combined Profit and Loss ( P&L) and balance sheets financial targets with a prime focus on network channel sales plan
- Help develop new processes which reflect a deep understanding of customer need. Propose right tools or services to assist customers manage/grow their money
- Support the development of initiatives aimed at attracting more customers
- Demonstrate awareness of competitor products with a view to ensuring ours remain consistently competitive and meet customer needs
- Liaise and manage a wide array of internal customers, including (but not exclusively), Propositions, Marketing, Credit Risk, Finance, Change delivery, Analytics, Operations, in addition to external regulatory and commercial stakeholders
- Challenge existing programmes and processes and to identify new opportunities to optimise risk and reward trade-offs
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of lending products, preferably mortgages.
- Role relevant qualifications; e.g. ACIB or similar banking qualification is desirable but not essential
- Past working experience in a relevant role; e.g. Product Manager, Propositions Manager, Distribution Manager
- Experience of supporting others' performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click 'Apply' or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009G81.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75023442