Partner Financial are currently working with a leading Media business who are highly acquisitive, and have the strategy in place to ensure they achieve their target. With a culture of best in class, they offer the expertise and capabilities to ensure their customers build a brand that is a true reflection of their values. With a portfolio of innovative products and services, they are able to provide a truly bespoke service on a global basis.
The newly appointed Management Accountant will play a key role in delivering timely and accurate management account information to the business through analysis of business unit performance to support decision making. A key element of this role is implementing strong processes and controls that will improve the quality of the management accounts produced by the Operational Finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the FC, managing the internationally based Operational Finance team, and implementing strong processes and controls to improve the quality of information the team produces;
- Preparation of the monthly reporting packs including variances analysis and meaningful commentary to the finance business partners;
- Business Partnering with a multitude of senior stakeholders to provide the insight required that will influence transformation and change initiatives;
- Preparing key management information, specifically regarding P&L and Balance Sheet variances;
- Support in the delivery of quarterly forecasts and full year budget;
- Work with the finance administrator to deliver the month end cost allocation, recharge and accrual journals for Travel, Expenses and Corporate Credit Cards for all global divisions;
- Taking ownership for the month end process;
- Performing regular review of travel expenses to ensure costs are recharged correctly;
- Analysing client profitability and making recommendations to the business;
- Creating and analysing business cases and financial modelling;
- Being a key contributor to the continuous improvement agenda through the provision of analysis and metrics.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be a Qualified Accountant, with experience working in complex, matrix organisations;
- Will demonstrate extensive management accounting experience;
- Must be able to influence outcomes at a senior level;
- Will be ambitious, driven and energetic, demonstrating a natural ability to influence;
- Will be looking to take ownership for the month end;
- Will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build strong relationships.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lisa Bird. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.