Ambridge Harris are recruiting for a retail firm in Bristol who are looking to recruit 3 Payroll Clerks.
You'll be given responsibility for your own group of Retail outlets/ management teams and will be required to build up good relationships and give good customer service by talking to them and resolving any payroll queries. Our stores will rely totally on your knowledge, excellent numerical skills and understanding of payroll to make things work efficiently.
* Actioning starters and leavers information on to the computerised payroll system
* Processing all new starter and leaver paperwork
* Actioning all changes to NI rates and changes for employees who reach state pension age
* Entering sickness and ensuring employees are paid in accordance with company policy
* Calculation of advances, and updating individuals payroll figures
* Setting up attachment of earnings in line with government legislation with regard to court orders
Suitable candidates must have previous experience of a computerised payroll system as well as a full understanding of PAYE, N.I and possess full working knowledge of all statutory payments and deductions.
Along with the above you will also need the right personality to get on with people and work as part of a busy and lively team and a good working knowledge of Excel and Word. The deadlines are often short but this adds to the whole 'buzz' of the place.
As well as the salary we offer good benefits associated with a large retailing group, including free parking, staff restaurant, pleasant working surroundings and a generous staff discount scheme.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75037563