Our Reading client is currently recruiting for a Payroll Administrator to join their busy outsource payroll team.
- Assist Head of Payroll/Payroll Manager on client related budgets and targets
- First line on the job training for non-payroll staff
- Identifying client related risks and report to Head of Payroll/Payroll Manager
- Assist with payroll processes and control procedures
- Assist Payroll Manager/Supervisor with new client PAYE registrations / set up
- Responsibility for a portfolio of payroll clients, including:
- Liaison with other team members on accounting, tax, cosec etc. to ensure adequate two-way flow of information
- Managing client expectations as to service delivery etc.
- Processing of Payrolls from Start to Finish
- Processing Payments for net pay and all third parties.
- Managing start to finish process for Auto Enrolment
- Maintaining good client contact
- Ensuring client deadlines are met
- Ensuring HMRC deadlines are met, including filing deadlines and payment deadlines
- Reconciliation and management of client monies to client call account
- First port of call assistance for Team Leaders/Business Unit personnel on payroll related matters
- Provide assistance to other team members as required, particularly at busy times and assist Payroll Manager/Supervisor with covering other staff payrolls during absences
- Upward management re. work flows, absences and other factors that affect client service
- Promoting other parts of the business when opportunities arise
- Multi discipline awareness
- Risk aware
- Client service oriented
- Good client management skills
- Good written and oral communication
- Good presentation skills.
- Willingness to build internal and external relationships and to communicate at all levels and across disciplines
- Openness to involve management in resolution of issues
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organised and a good planner
- Able to use own initiative and identify issues
- Flexible approach
- Good practical payroll knowledge
- Able to disseminate information, both technical and client related, to other team members to increase awareness
- CIPP qualified or exceptionally qualified by experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75034516