Payroll Administrator (Part-Time)
Our client is an award winning specialist contractor in the Construction industry are looking for a part time Payroll Administrator to work up to 15 hours a week in their team of 4. Reporting into the director, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, monitoring and making holiday and sick payments as well as any ad-hoc administrative duties.
· Collate weekly hours worked as detailed on timesheets provided from the sites. Identify and resolve any discrepancies in these timesheets and ensure they are logged to the correct job number. Update both the weekly and labour spreadsheets to maintain an accurate history of hours paid
· Make appropriate adjustments for holiday pay, Statutory Sick Pay, and other statutory provisions such as Statutory Paternity Pay etc.
· Accurately input monthly hours into in-house payroll system, currently Intellect, the week after the cut-off date ensuring all payments can be made by the last day of the month
· Maintain and monitor all holiday information including inputting information into all relevant spreadsheets
· Deal with all pay and holiday queries which may arise from individual operatives
· Liaise with HR and accounts with regard to personnel, headcount, cut-off dates and payroll queries as they may arise
· Determine the payroll cut-off dates for future years and communicate these
· Develop database information for new or different working patterns and contractual obligations as may occur from time to time
· Any such other reasonable duties as may be determined
Skills & Experience
· Working knowledge of word, Excel and outlook
· High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
· Good written and spoken communication skills
· Ability to work on own initiative and good lateral thinker
· Good organisational and time management skills and ability to work to a deadline
· Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
· Must always be available to work the week after the cut-off date
· A background in accounts or bookkeeping would be an advantage
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills that they identify. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75039407