Assistant Accountant/ Accounts Supervisor
Working for a large, well known consultancy in Oxford, this role gives the successful candidate the opportunity to get exposure to the full spectrum of client accounting duties and training from a highly qualified finance manager.
A UK wide consultancy business who operate in a niche industry, supporting large, reputable clients across a wide selection of projects from their head office in Oxford.
Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To manage the accounting processes, routines and procedures in connection with the client portfolio
- Ensuring best service is provided to both internal and external clients
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all parties you work with
- To ensure compliance with all legislation in connection with the financial management of these client
- Day to day the role will include the following:
- Monthly & quarterly client reporting and VAT reports as required by the client
- Annual financial reporting including liaising with clients auditors
- Submission of VAT returns and preparation of VAT reports
- Service charge reconciliations including:
- TRAMPS maintenance of various records, fields etc.
- Review and production of draft service charge reports
- Production of actual service charge reports
- Production of service charge certificates through excel
- TB Reconciliations
- Reserve fund reconciliations
- Reconciliation and control of deposit monies and all client bank accounts including investigation & correction of reconciling items
- Utility recharge calculation and billing
- Complex client, property manager and tenant queries
- Liaise with relevant surveyors, acting on and providing information as required
- Billing of periodic rent, service charges and insurance charges to tenants
- Billing of directly recoverable and adhoc charges to tenants
To be considered for this position, candidates will ideally be studying towards a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/AAT).
A good understanding of transactional finance is essential, as well as a theoretical understanding of VAT returns.
Experience within client accounting is advantageous but is not essential.
On-going and full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
A starting salary will between £21,000 & £25,000 plus full study support.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75040290