Senior Accounts Clerk
Reporting to the Accounts Office Manager, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Central Finance team ensuring that amongst others, orders and payment applications are processed quickly and efficiently, new sub-contract orders are set up consistent with current tax legislation, queries are resolved in a timely and diligent manner and support is provided to the rest of the Central Finance Department as and when required.
- Processing high volumes of payments and orders to subcontractors, ensuring all payments are in accordance with the current CIS HMRC rules.
- Verify Subcontractor information with HMRC online.
- Administer the subcontract Selfbilling process ensuring the relevant documentation is correct and in place.
- Assisting with submitting the monthly CIS tax returns for all subcontractors with the HMRC guidelines.
- Liaising with Management Accounts department and the cashier, administering the Subcontract ledger payment runs when required.
- Setting up new Subcontractors and processing payment certificates into the accounting system.
- Dealing with subcontractor payment queries by telephone/email.
- Filing all documentation in a timely manner in line with the Company procedures.
- Providing support to other areas of the Accounts Department.
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by the Chief Financial Accountant.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Computer literacy, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- GCSE English & Maths;
- Proven experience within a large company accounts function;
- Previous experience of working with Excel (Pivot tables & Lookups);
- Working with accounting systems and knowledge of the subcontract ledger functions (desirable);
- Prior high volume processing experience for a large company;
- Comprehensive knowledge of VAT and HMRC rules and legislation;
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry Scheme (desirable)
- Working knowledge of a large accounting package.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to make decisions and take the initiative;
- Excellent time management with a strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of entering financial data;
- Ability to prioritise and plan tasks based on urgency and requirements of the business;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Ability to learn new skills and processes in a fast moving office environment;
- Ability to deal with queries in an efficient and timely manner through to full resolution;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Oral communication- speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups;
- Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves when faced with confrontation;
- Confident with dealing with senior management;
- Analytical-Able to analyse data and evaluate numerical data in a comprehensive manner;
- Seeking process improvement.
Additional job board text
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounts Clerk to work from our Office in Birmingham. (Please note, we will be relocating from our current office in Erdington, Birmingham to our new Head Quarters in Bickenhill Lane, Solihull from Q1 2018).This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and are accredited by Investors in Diversity & the National Equality Standard. www.interserve.com
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75031867