Qualified Practice Accountant
Job Specification - KPMG Small Business Accountant - 6 month Contract
KPMG has recently launched 'KPMG Enterprise', one of the Firm's Strategic Growth Investments focusing on small businesses and start-ups. Included within KPMG Enterprise is KPMG's Small Business Accounting (SBA) Services team. The offering utilises a dedicated Accountant supported by an online platform to provide accounting and tax services including:
- Bookkeeping and management accounts reporting using Xero (cloud accounting software)
- VAT compliance (incl EC sales lists and Intrastats, reverse charges and partial exemption where applicable)
- Corporate tax compliance
- UK statutory accounts
- Payroll and company secretarial services (provided by separate specialists)
The SBA team works with large volumes of fast growing SME clients. The goal of the SBA offering is to dominate professional services in the SME marketplace. As the time it takes fast growing start-up companies to become significant players is decreasing all the time it is important for KPMG that we are helping these businesses from the outset on their journey. The SBA team will be key to achieving this objective.
The SBA team supports business owners by allowing them more time to focus on growing their business, whilst the SBA team focusses on ensuring compliance and financial obligations are taken care off.
The SBA team has significant plans for growth. To support this growth we are looking to recruit a Small Business Accountant with a strong core accounting and tax knowledge.
Qualified candidates should be studying towards or have recently qualified through ACCA, ACA or recognised equivalent qualifications. Candidates should ideally have experience of providing excellent client service in practice. Specific experience of working with either tech start-ups or SMEs will be favoured but is not essential, as we seek candidates who have had to provide/front a range of services to clients. Candidates should have the core skills of accounting, tax and experience of VAT compliance work. The scope of work varies from client to client so candidates should be adaptable. This is a delivery and client facing role, so the candidate will be required to liaise with and be responsible for their own portfolio of clients. They will report directly into an experienced team leader.
KPMG offers an excellent working environment for personal and career progression.
Global Skills & Behaviours
The role is client facing and the employee will be required to liaise directly with the clients, arranging work schedules in respect of the relevant input. The following skills and behaviours are essential:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75024902