Accounts Assistant - £15,500 + benefits - Birmingham
Crawford and Company are a world leading multinational company that is continuing to grow in the Claims Management and Loss Adjusting industry. Their core values centre on quality, positive communication and continuous learning. They recognise that in order to succeed, they must recruit people who share their values and vision.
The role is to support the Financial Accounting team in ensuring that all transactions are recorded accurately and on a timely basis in the accounting system.They are looking for someone who is keen to progress through their accounting exams but hasn't necessarily started them yet, a graduate who would like a career in this field.
- Involvement in the month end close
- Month end bank reconciliations
- Purchase ledger reconciliations
- Preparation and posting of month end journals
- Month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparation and distribution of departmental profit and loss accounts
- Preparation and distribution of monthly balance sheet reporting pack
- Preparation and distribution of monthly operations report
- Collation of balance sheet reconciliation file
- Preparation of supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparation and distribution of weekly revenue tracker
- Acting as backup to Accounts receivable (input of daily cash receipts to sales ledger, collection of previous day cheques and daily banking)
- Analysis of tax sensitive accounts on a monthly basis for tax computation
- Posting of assets to the fixed asset register
- Maintenance of the gifts and hospitality register
- Attention to detail & exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Able to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise.
- Calm and approachable.
- Flexibility when taking on new tasks & filling in for others.
22 Days Holiday
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Dress Down Friday's
Company Pension Scheme
Paid for Qualifications
Please apply if this is a career path that would interest you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75035750