A management accountant role within a retail market leader renowned for an excellent work culture. The opportunity for rapid career progression whilst working alongside a diverse range of internal stakeholders.
Our client is:
- A market leading retailer that has multiple divisions within the company and are currently expanding into new markets.
- Currently undergoing a business wide transformation programme
- They are a highly acquisitive company that have rapidly expanded their retail presence of the past 5 years and also have a strong 5 year growth plan in place.
- As a business they encourage a very relaxed work environment and have a culture of flexible working to allow for an excellent work-life balance.
- Have a widely renowned benefits package in place for all employees.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and periodic reporting of management accounts for Food Stores property costs (annual budget circa £450m) and group major occupancy's (budget of £26m).
- Host monthly review meetings to present periodic accounts and provide variance analysis with both the Head of Central Costs and key stakeholders in the business.
- Provide business partnering support for the Facilities Management department, liaising with contract managers from various divisions within the company.
- Aid the Procurement department in creating baselines for maintenance contract tenders against which savings can be measured and ensure that any savings are challenged before sign - off.
- Produce management accounts and perform period end duties including relevant accruals and prepayments, variance analysis and commentary for Group Major Occupancy's.
The successful Candidate will be:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Management Accountant
- Have solid understanding and experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of dealing with various stakeholders within a business
- Preferable but not essential - Experience in dealing with fixed assets
- Be highly driven, self motivated and very organised.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator of their findings.
The role offers:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- A flexible working environment giving an easily manageable work-life balance.
- The opportunity for career progression
- The opportunity to interact with a diverse range of internal stakeholders.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75038006