Location: New Malden
Contract type: Full time Permanent
Remuneration: up to £42,000 pa depending on experience + benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading insurance brokers. They have over 1400 staff in over 40 offices across the UK and provide thousands of clients with guidance on creating the insurance solutions that best protects their assets, revenues, people and lifestyle.
Their network of offices mean they have a strong local presence which enables our advisers to provide outstanding levels of service as well as access to a huge range of market leading products.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Claims Handler to be based in their New Malden office.
Managing your own client portfolio the purpose of the role is to provide a claims service to Clients in conjunction with the client servicing team and handling all claims in accordance with the Company's Claims procedure
- Process claims under delegated authority schemes in accordance with requirements of insurers and Claims Manager
- Preparation of accurate claim statistics and analysis to assist the client servicing team to review/evaluate trends and assist in Risk Management issues for nominated accounts
- Ensure that insurers and their representatives afford clients an appropriate quality of service within appropriate timescales
- Inform insurers of claims / circumstances as soon as possible after they are notified to us and in accordance with latest judicial regulations
- Consider whether applied reserves are realistic
- Negotiate settlement proposals with insurers to the best interest of the client
- Provide claims advice to clients, managing expectations from the outset and ensuring that they are kept informed and advised of necessary developments
- Ensuring the clients are aware of appropriate deductions e.g policy excess
- Liaise with client servicing team where claims have been or are likely to be declined
- Warning of any difficulties experienced with a client
- Providing accurate claims information and appreciate the impact of claims experience on the placement of cover
- Ensuring that the claims database is maintained
- Ensuring electronic files accurate and up-to-date
- Maintaining effective diary system
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for either an experienced Claims Handler with a strong background within Commercial Claims gained from a Broker Background (salary £38k - £42k) and ideally with knowledge of commercial liability, material damage and business interruption claims
A less experienced claims handler who can be trained (salary £25k - £30k) with some experience in the insurance industry (preferably from within a Claims role) and is willing to undertake CII exams.
A good knowledge of Excel in both cases is essential (V-Look Ups/pivot tables etc.) as well as a high level of communication skills and ability to manage your own workload
Working hours are Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm.
Benefits include pension scheme, life assurance and holiday entitlement that will increase with service.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75033622