Pensions Administrator (IFA background)
The Administrator provides clerical and administration support in the Pension Decision section of the Wealth Management team. They assist the administration behind the advice process, dealing with the collation of required information in order for advice to proceed and process applications where appropriate.
Main responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To maintain a commercial focus and be aware of what functions are included in service specifications for clients we act for.
- To meet the day-to-day administration needs of clients in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with any agreed standards and procedures
- To work in a logical and disciplined manner, ensuring accuracy and making appropriate use of the available technology.
- To liaise/correspond effectively with Financial Advisors, Administrators and third party administration staff as necessary to resolve customer enquiries and complaints to a satisfactory outcome and in a timely manner.
- To ensure quality of output to all customers is technically correct at all times and meets corporate standards
- To make a positive contribution to the team by working well with colleagues, effectively discuss challenges that arise and participate in departmental meetings.
- To plan, prioritises and manage workloads effectively to meet targets and deadlines. Share any concerns or issues quickly, taking necessary steps to rectify.
- To respond in a professional and timely manner to incoming enquiries from customers with regard to all types of the department's business using appropriate tools as necessary.
- To identify and make the Administration manager aware of any training needs.
- To contribute to the team productivity by embracing or challenging proposed changes to the processes in a positive manner.
- To carry out all other reasonable requests and objectives to an acceptable standard and within agreed timescales
Experience and Education Requirements
- IFA background or experience of working with in an IFA environment; able to understand DB pension transfers
- Good all round Knowledge of 'At Retirement' Options
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user
- Ability to use 3rd party 'retirement options' software to facilitate the discharge process
- Achievement of or working towards CII qualifications in Financial Planning
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Comfortable with new technology
- Experience in dealing with both occupational DB and DC Schemes
- Good customer service and relationship building skills
- Good understanding of pensions market and wider financial services industry
- Demonstrates support for their team and the wider business through their behaviour at work
- Understands impact and importance of planning and prioritising.
- Earns the trust and confidence of customers, team and manager by consistently delivering against agreed objectives.
- Able to identify, plan and engage the right resources.
- Reacts swiftly to changing demands and circumstances. Uses initiative, seeks clarity and challenges if needed.
- Looks for solutions to problems rather than barriers. Demonstrates willingness to help achieve these
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75033651