Finance Business Partner
A Finance Business Partner role has just become available at a Retail business in Northampton. This role would suit a candidate looking for a commercial role with extensive exposure to strategic change at a FTSE listed business.
This Finance Business Partner role involves providing analytical support to the Operations team to help drive the best financial and commercial decisions to deliver results. This will be achieved by the delivery of accurate, consistent and insightful decision support that allow the business to drive performance.
1. Produce KPI reports and decision support that create actionable insight and drive improved business performance.
2. Business partner the Divisional 'Heads of Functions' to understand key performance metrics supporting the operational delivery of Transport and Product Supply (stock management).
3. Be on point for Finance at monthly steering groups that provide the senior team with clear data that is easily understood and can be used to drive actionable insights.
4. Manage investment appraisal business cases for matters relating to Branch Transport and Product Supply, modelling impact on financial return and working capital.
5. Support the delivery of the 5 Year Plan,budget and forecasting cycles. Work closely with business partners to help deliver a robust planning cycle.
6. Continuously challenge current processes and recommend improvements to all aspects of reporting and analysis. Strive to improve processes and reduce time on data production, allowing focus on value adding analysis and recommendations.
7. Plan and manage insight projects to improve reporting processes or investigate reasons behind performance variances.
8. Self starting, active member of the wider finance team who seeks out new opportunities within the remit of their current role and has a willingness to work across all areas of the team to assist others.
- Ideally a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA or equivalent)
- Demonstration of progression in career to date
- Experience in a large FMCG or retail industry
- Skills Advanced Excel Skills and experience with data manipulation. Strong communication skills
Business Objects knowledge, Financial modelling techniques, ability to drive change and hold accountability
- Knowledge Commercial acumen, understanding of cost base management
This Finance Business Partner role in Northampton would suit a candidate looking for exposure in a business with unrivalled progression opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75024275