Reporting to the Chief Financial Accountant, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Central Finance Team ensuring amongst others, claims for personal expenses and raising of sales invoices are processed quickly and efficiently, cash is allocated into the accounting system on a daily basis. The successful candidate will also be required to provide support to the rest of the Central Finance Team enabling the opportunity to learn all aspects of the department.
- Processing high volumes of employee expense claims, ensuring all items are claimed in accordance with the current Company Personal Expenses Policy;
- Reviewing and calculating all claim items for VAT optimisation;
- Approving employee expenses for payment in accordance with HMRC legislation;
- Dealing with queries on expense claims by telephone and email for all company employees;
- Liaising with Management Accounts department and the cashier, administering the expenses ledger payment runs when required;
- Setting up new clients and processing sales invoices into the accounting system;
- Allocating cash to the relevant client accounts;
- Dealing with client invoice queries by telephone/email;
- Chasing up outstanding debts;
- Providing support to other areas of the Accounts Department.
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by the Chief Financial Accountant.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Proven experience within a large company accounts function;
- Previous experience of working with Excel (Pivot tables & Lookups);
- Working with accounting systems and knowledge of the sales ledger and expenses functions;
- Computer literacy, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- GCSE English & Maths;
- Prior high volume expenses processing experience for a large company;
- Prior sales ledger experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of VAT and HMRC rules and legislation;
- Working knowledge of a large accounting package.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to make decisions and take the initiative;
- Excellent time management with a strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of entering financial data;
- Ability to prioritise and plan tasks based on urgency and requirements of the business;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Ability to learn new skills and processes in a fast moving office environment;
- Ability to deal with queries in an efficient and timely manner through to full resolution;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Oral communication- speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups;
- Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves when faced with confrontation;
- Confident with dealing with senior management;
- Analytical-Able to analyse data and evaluate numerical data in a comprehensive manner;
- Seeking process improvement.
Additional job board text
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounts Clerk to work from our Office in Birmingham. Please note, we will be relocating from our current office in Erdington, Birmingham to our new Head Quarters in Bickenhill Lane, Solihull from Q1 2018. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and are accredited by Investors in Diversity & the National Equality Standard. www.interserve.com
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75032891