IT Solution Designer
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Equiniti Group’s Shared IT department – Equiniti Technology Solutions. The Solutions Design team provides an essential role within the Software Delivery Lifecycle. Resources within the team are based in Worthing, however, project work may require occasional visits to other sites in London, Ipswich, Cardiff and/or Crawley.
This role is focused on the delivery of software solutions across all of the organisation’s internal and web facing systems to support our growing portfolio of work. Working as part of wider delivery/project team you will be responsible for understanding business requirements and then estimating and shaping software solutions to deliver them.
The core activities of the Solution Design team are;
- Interpret and support the elaboration of business requirements
- Devise and design software solutions to then:
- Work within IT to agree and estimate the delivery costs for the proposed solution
- Work with Business and external stakeholders to agree the proposed solution
- Act as the IT solution subject matter expert during all phases of the solutions delivery
Your background should include experience of working with high volume ecommerce and/or highly transactional financial services applications and sites. As part of a multi skilled delivery team you will be expected to contribute across all areas of delivery and have a desire to learn new skills to support this. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone to develop their skills interpreting both functional and non-functional requirements to design software solutions and support their delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle.
As the successful candidate you will possess;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: able to “draw out” the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of requirements that consider all stakeholders
- Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work
- Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas “to the table”
- Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of/experience in working to different software delivery models
- Experience in SQL Server and high level database design preferred but not essential
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75029039