A Finance Manager role has just become available at a Retail business in Northampton. This role would suit a candidate looking to impact the strategic direction of a FTSE listed business through effective business partnering with key senior stakeholders.
Finance Manager - Key Responsibilities
1. Work with a range of stakeholders to compile monthly balance sheet and cashflow performance reporting, including the balance sheet review pack presented to the Group CFO, pages for the monthly executive finance update presented by the Director of Group Finance, and pages for the monthly executive pack. This reporting will include insightful commentary to assist Group management in decision making.
2. Managing inputs from a range of different stakeholders to generate a forward looking annual balance sheet and cashflow for the Group's strategic plan. This will include appropriate challenge of the numbers to ensure that they are within the expectation of the Group executive prior to their review.
3. Compiling board papers for the executive committee and PLC board, to include the annual Group viability statement, based on the inputs collated as part of the strategic planning process. This will include validation of the viability model with the external auditors.
4. Compilation of anticipated performance metrics and balance sheet data to enable build of a quarterly forecast balance sheet and cashflow statement.
5. Continual monitoring of balance sheet and cashflow performance to provide an update to out-turn predictions at half-year and full-year, including anticipations for performance compared to executive long-term incentive plan targets.
Key stakeholders include Finance Directors and other senior contacts within the business
- Ideally ACA / ACCA qualified accountant (or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience, ideally in a multi-site merchant or retail business.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to facilitate obtaining information
- Ability to produce accurate, professional reports on balance sheet and cash flow metrics for an Executive audience with concise narrative on assumptions and variances
- Financial modelling, forecasting and budgets
- Strong IT skills
This FTSE listed business based in Northampton is looking for a candidate with strength of character alongside pragmatism and business understanding in order to drive change in this Finance Manager role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75024374