Babcock Education is the largest integrated education support service provider in the UK.
Awarded ‘Education Business of the Year’ in 2012, we employ over 600 education experts providing consultancy, training and management services to over 700 schools and academies in 50 local authorities.
Babcock Education are looking for a Part Qualified Accountant to assist in the preparation of the financial statements (management accounts / forecasts / budgets) and to support the business operational teams and Finance teams with appropriate financial information / Ad Hoc Projects.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Assist in the Preparation of the monthly management accounts and project review data in line with agreed business timetables
- Provide data (as appropriate) to support the operational teams and Contract Managers
- Produce and develop KPI data and operational reports for distribution
- Assist in the preparation of budgets & forecasts.
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Good financial reporting and costs analysis
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to interpret and explain financial data
Key Behavioural competencies:
- Flexible, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Maintains focus, manages and delivers under pressure
- Experience of working both within a team and independently
- Highly motivated
- Understanding of and commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges / competencies:
- Numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate financial spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good computer literacy
- Part-Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Navision and SAP/BPC would be an advantage
- Willing to undertake occasional travel to other UK sites as required
£22,000 - £27,000
6 Month Fixed term Contract
37 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
24 days holiday + Bank Holidays (Pro Rata)
Close Date: Friday 28th July
Interviews Planned: W/C 7th August
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements.
This company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note all CVs will be considered an expression of interest and an application pack will be sent out as per our Education process.
To apply for this post please request an application pack by clicking apply
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75028778