Payroll Specialist / Analyst
Henlee Resourcing is working in partnership with this International Business with its UK Head Office in Swindon to recruit a talented Payroll Specialist / Analyst on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Global Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for processing the Company payroll as well as tracking and reporting on payroll information, ensuring accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings and Company deductions.
- Collation of payroll information relating to new hires, leavers, salary changes, address changes, pension payment change, Maternity & Paternity, variable payments including sales compensation, bonuses & share option gains, employee pension contributions and voluntary deductions etc. during the month and diarising where necessary for subsequent payrolls
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, time sheet data, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays
- Ensures payroll is processed with speed and accuracy
- Serve as liaison to Employees and with third party payroll vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company specific pay policies
- Audit Employee pay records and reconciles totals by cost centre
- Coordinate third party payroll system implementations and upgrades
- Interpret pay policies and ensures appropriate amounts / deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly
- Verify compliance with statutory payroll requirements
- Stay current with changes in the law and tax regulations
- Issue local tax forms as appropriate in each jurisdiction
- Assist with audits of internal records, tax filings and related documentation
- Document payroll processes and procedures
- Manage payroll audits and complete any necessary census (e.g. for retirement plans)
- Work effectively with Tax Advisors to do special projects (such as shadow payrolls), tax equalisation projects, etc
- Management of taxation matters for International Assignees including taking tax advice from outsourced partners where appropriate
- Generate and respond to inquiries regarding paychecks and maintains records, ledgers and files
- Prepare statistical reports on Employee fixed and variable pay; taxes, withholdings, etc
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Payroll Administration experience including working with outsourced payroll vendors
- Minimum 2 years' payroll administration experience required
- Experience of ADP Freedom would be very beneficial
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface at all levels in the organisation
- Build productive internal / external working relationships
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel incl. pivot tables, Word incl. mail merges, PowerPoint
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
If you are looking for a challenging role with a reputable organisation and can demonstrate the above capabilities, we are keen to hear from you.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3, M4 and M5 corridors.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75010054