Money Management Advisor
Our client has a unique opportunity available for a Money Management Advisor to join the team. The role is a full time, permanent position and you will be offered a salary of £24,964 - £25,951 per annum plus benefits.
Our client is an ambitious and enterprising council committed to maintaining and improving services in challenging financial times. Focused on their residents’ needs and a desire to help shape a positive future for the District, they are improving their performance to ensure they provide value for money. The Council is on a positive journey and over the past five years the Council has successfully improved performance year on year.
They are changing the way they are working with customers and their arrears and are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual to join the Income Recovery Team.
More about theMoney Management Advisorrole
The successful candidate will support customers by providing in depth money advice and support to maximise customer income and ensure rent payment. The role involves visiting customers in their own home and where required the recovery of rent arrears through support and enforcement.
Key responsibilities of the Money Management Advisor
- Provide comprehensive advice on money management and welfare benefits to tenants and potential tenants to maximise their income whilst recognising problems of debt or poverty. This includes carrying out welfare benefit checks, financial assessments, budgeting advice and assisting tenants with applications for benefits, reviews, appeals and funding.
- Develop and maintain a high level of personal contact with tenants to minimise the level of debt owed.
- Develop positive working relationships and protocols with partner agencies ensuring an effective working relationship is developed. This involves making referrals and signposting.
- Provide advice to tenants of their rent payment options and promote direct debit, set up direct debits and take rent payments over the telephone.
- Undertake reception duties, dealing with telephone and personal enquiries and provide housing advice, deal with all aspects of office administration to ensure an effective delivery of the housing service.
- Where required undertake aspects of income recovery, court case work presentation and debt recovery case work, including eviction where alternative solutions cannot be found, in accordance with current procedures. This will involve visiting tenants in arrears, undertaking income and expenditure risk assessments and negotiating repayment agreement with tenants.
- Assist with the compilation of management information and statistics, operate and update manual and computerised office systems.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of procedures and carry out duties in accordance with laid out procedures. Provide a caring, responsive and customer orientated service having regard to the Council’s policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Maintain an effective appointment system for visiting tenants and other service users in their own homes in response to complaints, enquiries and requests for service.
- Contribute to individual and team performance targets, make suggestions for service improvements, to ensure the delivery of excellent housing services, which deliver value for money.
- Identify and provide support to vulnerable tenants, liaising with and making appropriate referrals internally and externally to assist tenants to sustain a tenancy.
- Write letters, memoranda and reports on matters affecting the Housing Service.
- Assist with the preparation, production and checking of rent statements for tenants.
What do they look for in a Money Management Advisor?
You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of debt advice, money management and welfare benefits. You must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
GCSE’s Mathematics and English at grades A-C or equivalent, a full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle during working hours are essential.
Closing Date: 23rd July 2017
Interview Date: 3rd August 2017
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as a Money Management Advisor.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75017089