Trainee Retail Accountant
Trainee Retail Accountant
Salary: £17,500 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Closing date for applications: 9am, Tuesday 25th July 2017.
Responsible To: Head of Finance
Accountable To: Deputy Chief Executive
Are you interested in studying towards an accountancy qualification whilst gaining valuable work experience in the charity sector? If yes, then this role is for you!
It is the only charity in the UK wholly dedicated to the defeat of lung cancer. We are seeking a Trainee Retail Accountant to support the Head of Finance in delivering Finance support to the Retail Department.
To support the Head of Finance in delivering the Finance goals with responsibility for the Retail department.
Key Tasks & Objectives
* Support the Senior Management Accountant in delivering Finance support to the Retail department
* Work cohesively with the Retail department in identifying issues and providing solutions to ensure the smooth operation of the business
* Ensure that robust systems and controls are in place that adhere to Charity best practice
* Provide timely and accurate management reporting and general commercial advice to the Retail department
* The timely processing of purchase and sales invoices and staff expenses for the Retail department
* Stock management including CHARIOT system reporting and development
* Support the Charity external audit
* Support the Business Planning process for the Retail department
* Maintain the Retail weekly cash reports
* Working capital management for the Retail department including debtors and purchase ledgers
* To undertake any such duties as may be reasonably required.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and as the role continues to develop it may be necessary to amend the job description in discussion with the post holder.
Knowledge & Skills
* Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures, financial reporting and costing.
* Awareness of the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
* High level of competence in basic Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Good keyboard skills.
* Good communication and listening skills.
* Good organisational skills used in planning own work.
Qualifications & Experience
* AAT foundation level or experience indicated below.
* Experience working in a general office environment.
* Calm and professional disposition.
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines.
* Able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration, while coping with frequent interruptions.
* Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
* Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance / supervision.
* Willingness to accept responsibility.
* Logical and systematic in work processes.
* Good analytical ability.
* Good problem solving ability.
In order to continue with your application, please click 'Apply' now to forward your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75018253