Head of Financial Accounts (Maternity Cover)
The successful interim Head of Financial Accounts will be responsible for producing accurate consolidated financial statements whilst maintaining strong systems of internal financial controls. This role will be responsible for leading and managing the team whilst also assessing the efficiency of business processes and financial controls.
My client are a Government Executive Agency based across the UK.
The successful Interim Head of Financial Accounts will be responsible for:
- Month end reporting and statutory reporting, interpreting financial policies, implementing best practice and maintaining close relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership where you will develop relationships internally and externally
- Manage the year-end process and facilitate process improvements across the financial reporting environment
- Ensure audit quality and be accountable for the remediation of any process weaknesses
- Managing all transactional services
The successful interim Head of Finance will be/have:
- Fully qualified accountant- or equivalent
-Expert knowledge of all aspects of financial accounting including statutory reporting
-Significant post practice finance experience in a central government
- Ideally Audit background
-Experience leading transaction services
- Remote working
- Ongoing interim day rate assignment for 12 months
- Head of Financial Accounting post